Focused on orchard-to-market excellence, Seeka is an integrated horticultural and produce company that grows, processes, distributes and markets high quality produce to world markets.At Seeka we are nothing without the talents of our people. Authentic, skilled and curious. Earning respect through our actions. Our inspirational people are passionate, ambitious and demonstrate a passion for excellence and self-leadership. As Packhouse Manager at our Aongatete site, you will enjoy a high energy and fast-paced role, which requires the ability to assist and support the Site Manager with the operational activities of the site. This role is responsible for managing a team and ensuring annual operational plans are implemented and outcomes are achieved
Skills and competencies:
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills: Able to communicate clearly and effectively and at the appropriate level with various types of people
- Leadership/Influencing others: Can articulate a common vision and provide others with a sense of direction. Able to persuade, convince, influence or impress in order to gain support or to have a specific impact on others.
- Problem solving skills: Identifies the root causes and breaks the problem down into the key issues. Grasps new concepts and can see the problem in relation to the bigger picture. Generates multiple explanations and solutions.
- Flexible/Adaptive/Resilient: Able to shift strategies and accept other viewpoints. Adapts quickly and effectively to changing situations. Able to overcome disappointments and learn from the setbacks to bounce back. Able to adjust to unexpected change
Experience and qualifications;
- Microsoft Office Suite: Intermediate
- People Management: Experienced in best practice HR, managing people effectively in order to achieve business objectives
- Industry Knowledge: Experience working within kiwifruit, horticulture or primary industry
- Software/Technology: Previous experience using software and other computer based technology either in Seeka specific programmes or using a similar software platform
- Budgeting: Experience managing and working within a set budget
- Role specific knowledge: 7 + years’ experience in similar roles
At Seeka, we work hard, and we have fun. Our brand attributes represent us and who we aspire to be; Founded on Relationships; Quality Obsession; Inspirational People; Growing Futures; Independently Ingenious; Safety Always. This is an exciting opportunity to join us at Seeka Limited. Please submit your application online by following the “apply now” button and submitting a cover letter and CV.
Applications close 31 March 2021