Focused on orchard-to-market excellence, Seeka is an integrated horticultural and produce company that grows, processes, distributes and markets high quality produce to world markets.
At Seeka we are nothing without the talents of our people. Authentic, skilled and curious. Earning respect through our actions. Our inspiration people are passionate, ambitious and demonstrate a passion for excellence and self-leadership.
We are recruiting for two Senior Health and Safety Specialists, located at our Huka Pak, Mount Maunganui site and our Oakside, Te Puke site. You will be a part of a team of four regionally based roles reporting to the Health and Safety Manager.
Competitive package including a vehicle and insurances.
As a Senior Health and Safety Specialist, you will enjoy a high energy and fast-paced role, which requires the ability to support Seeka to improve performance in getting all our people home safely every day through analysis, reporting and advice to promote excellence and continuous improvement of the health and safety systems.
The Senior Health and Safety Specialist role is responsible for ensuring Seeka maintains a health and safe work environment, providing peer leadership to the wider health and safety team specifically in respect to legislative knowledge and experience and compliance practice.
Skills and competencies:
- Senior specialisation in either Health and Safety Compliance or Health and Safety engagement, coaching and training.
- Legislative Knowledge: Understanding of Health & Safety Legislation to an advanced level
- Leadership/Influencing others: Can articulate a common vision and provide others with a sense of direction. Able to persuade, convince, influence or impress in order to gain support or to have a specific impact on others.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills: Able to communicate clearly and effectively and at the appropriate level with various types of people. Able to actively engage and influence all levels of staff.
- Organised/time management/prioritisation: Able to take an organised approach to all tasks in order to prioritise them according to the demands of the business.
- Problem solving skills: Identifies the root causes and breaks the problem down into the key issues. Grasps new concepts and can see the problem in relation to the bigger picture. Generates multiple explanations and solutions.
- Self-motivated/Self-managed/Self-starter: Has an underlying propensity for continuous improvement. Is self-driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Experience and qualifications:
- Degree level Health and Safety Qualification
- 5 + years’ Health and Safety experience ideally in a production environment
- Kiwifruit industry experience or primary / manufacturing industry
- Vault knowledge
- Microsoft Office : Intermediate
- Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Certified